Newbie in dire need of help

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
sullione
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello all. I am new to this message board so if this is posted in the wrong section, please forgive moderators. Okay, I have several questions but I'll start with my major problem first and I'll return later when I get this problem solved. Here goes: I just built a new computer (yea me) a few days ago. I'll post the setup at the end of this message. My problem seems to be stability. I installed Windows XP Home for the O.S. The problem is sometimes when I turn it on, it won't boot up, it just resets itself constantly. When it does boot up to Windows, the mouse doesn't work rather it's PS/2 or USB and when I hit the Windows button to bring up the Start menu, it reboots and doesn't start up. It goes to a screen that says Windows didn't shutdown correctly and it gives me about four options: Start up in Safe Mode, Start up normally, Start Up using configuration that worked the last time it booted correctly, and something to the effect of Starting with minium drivers (I think). I know this is a long post so bear with me. The configuration is listed below: XP 2200+, 256 MB RAM supposed to run at CAS 2. It is OCZ brand Revision 3.2 with copper heat spreader. Maxtor 80GB hard drive 7200 R.P.M. 8MB cache. Windows XP Home with S.P.1. Asus V9280/TD video card (GeForce 4 Ti 4200 64MB). Lite On 16X DVD ROM. Lite On 52X24X52 burner, Floppy drive. Anyone who can help me ...please do. I will be forever greatful.
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

I'd test the memory using http://www.goldmemory.cz
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
sullione

I just found out that my motherboard has an update to the BIOS because there are stability issues with Nvidia video cards. I have an Nvidia Ge Force4 as listed above. Couls this be the cause of my computer crashing and rebooting? :lol:
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Seems rather obvious...
sullione

That's what I said. I was attempting to flash the BIOS but my Floppy cable crapped out. What luck!