80GB: 01/98-SiS-5571-(P5SV-B)C-00 ECS p5SV-B Rev 2.0

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
rmay635703
Chip off the ol' block

80gb: 01/98-SiS-5571-(P5SV-B)C-00 ECS p5SV-B Rev 2.0

Hi I built a system using this board using a k6-2 and currently its running happy with an 8.2gb. I would like to upgrade it with an 80gb hard drive but obviously its a no-go

Another thing is that this board supports voltages 1.8v on up and should be an excellent client for a k6-2 or k6-2+ bios mod. Currently it runs quickly with my k6-2 but does not recognize the speed, although the cache is enabled but 3dnow is not. Also the current bios will not post with the processor set above 366mhz (if it does it freezes with CPU speed = 0mhz) Set to 366mhz it thinks the k6-2 is 16mhz AMD MMX cpu but runs fairly quick. (speed displayed goes up as processor speed decreases :)

If there is a beta bios or a later bios for this board I'm all ears, its a shame that a board that meets all the needs of a k6-2 doesn't have a bios to use one.

Any help is appreciated, this is for a friend his email is
fralishr@uwplatt.edu my email as always is rmay635703@aol.com

Cheers
Ryan
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

I'll send the 1.2 BIOS patched with apple_rom's bp utility - please tell us how it handles K6-2 speeds etc.
More info on K6-2 mods at BIOSman's site
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
rmay635703
Chip off the ol' block

WOW that was fast! (almost too fast :)

Unfortunately its finals time here and they need to use the system pretty heavy for the next couple weeks so I won't get around to it for a while. I don't want to flash it and have to do a hot swap when they are needing the machine for work.

THANK YOU!, you guys are awesome.

Once tested I will post back with the results, the system runs fine with a k6-2 and relatively quick as is but the speed limitations are annoying.

Thank you again.
Ryan