80GB: 02/06/2001-i850-W83627-6A69SD49C-00

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
Sensen
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi all. i got problem with my bios, Iam using the Seagate hardisk 80 GB
This is the details of my motherboard:

Bios Type: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Bios ID: 02/06/2001-i850-W83627-6A69SD49C-00

I try to install to my comp friend and its can be detected. I try already in my bios to put auto detect for hard disk but that still not works.

Whaat should i do? Do i have to update my bios. I am not really sure what is my motherboard manufacturer, is it Intel. How can i get the bios update. Could someone help me pls
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

If you had read the info on the Wim's BIOS main site you could have worked out that it was a DFI board with an i850 chipset. There are a number of these. You could go to DFI and select Product/Mainboard and then probably Archived Products - check the i850 chipset boards with the same spec as yours for a picture - or maybe the model of mobo is printed on the board.

If you had read the posting rules you would have seen that we ask for the BIOS Eval (alias BIOS OEM Message) as well as the ID. This may say what the mobo is.

A BIOS of 02/06/2001 should support your HDD. Check your IDE cables are correctly arranged (the connectors are colour coded to tell you which connector goes where, although master/slave jumpers can over-ride this).
Sensen

dear nicks, i still can not fix the proble, i try to replace the hardisk connector, but i still got the problem, sometimes, the system crashes when booting. Sometimes it can detect the hard disk with the correct name, but also can detect with a funny name like $!!!234.

Could tell me how can u know that the board name is from FDI. I want to learn more about this. thanks alot.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

D4 in your Bios-Id points out to DFI as mainboard manufacturer
For more Info visit the Award Bios-ID page at our mainpage

Do you have the 80wire UDMA cable used in the correct way ? > Blue end goes to mainboard and black end to the master device - the grey port in the middle goes to the slave device if any

If this does not work try a different cable
Sensen

Thanks alot Dennis the problem i got actually is with the connector, i try to get my friend comp connector and installed in my comp, and it works. Hehehe tomolo gonna buy a new one. Thanks, Sens :o