Motherboard?BIOS?Harddrive???PLS HELP

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
Nad1010
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi
Hope someone will be able to help me...Computer was messing around a bit...to cut a very long story short...i now have two harddrives. Both are reported as having a size of 319GB by the automatic thingy on startup when you press F1...If i try to install windows on either harddrive, it is reported as being corrupted...What would cause this...If it is the BIOS, how do i go about fixing it....if the motherboard, which one would you recommend for me to buy to support a 1400MHz AMD processor & 512MB (not DDR, the other one) RAM.

Thanks for any help.
Nadeem

PS i really know NOTHING about BIOS or motherboards...it took me ages to find out it could even be related to this mythical BIOS thing..if anyone knows what is wrong..please please treat me as if i know nothing about BIOS related subjects..i.e. if you say flash something, i would take it the wrong way :wink:

thanks again
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Help us to help you - tell us the details of your PC.
If you can get into set-up, are the drive types all set to "Auto" ? If not, can you set them that way ?
Nad1010

The sizes i mentioned were detected on "auto" for both hardrives...thats why i dont think its a harddrive problem, but more likely to be with whatever detects the harddrive size.

Apart from that the PC is:

AMD 1400MHz
512 SDRAM
NO Windows OS as yet...or nothing that loads up anyway...one of the ghardrives was formatted and therefore had no WIN OS on it, when trying to install windows it said the drive was corrupted.. I find it hard to believe that both harddrives are corrupted.

Thanks
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Can you give us the make and model of your motherboard, or provide the BIOS information we ask for in the "doesn't recognise my hard drive" forum posting rules ?

Also, what make, model and capacity are the hard drives ? Can you use the manufacturer's utility from diskette to check them out ? And you did mean it displays 319GB not MB ?
Nad1010

It was 319GB, thats wat was so starnge, anyway.....burnt out motherboard by the looks of things...will keep u updated....tahnx for the input guys