my CPU is recognized as a lower version

Don't ask how to over-clock.
ocho10
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have an AMD Athlon XP 2100+ processor and a Shuttle AK38N motherboard. My computer won't recognize the processor as a 2100+, and says that it is a 1500+. As far as I can tell, the problem is that the FSB needs to be set up to 133, and it is currently at 100. However, it won't let me change it, and I can't find a BIOS upgrade on the shuttle website for the AK38N. Please help!!
sulbert
Master Flasher

Remove the jumper from jumper block JP6.
ocho10

I removed the jumper but now when I try to run a program and sometimes when I turn on the computer the computer turns off and a wierd noise starts coming from the front of the case. At the same time the LED 3 light and the DIMM power light come on. The only way I can get it to stop is to pull the plug and let it run out of power. This happened before but not as frequently before removing the jumper. I suspect that it might be a problem with the video card, but I am unsure. It also could be a problem with the Floppy drive, but I have disconnected it from the motherboard and it still happens. Btw, it did get it to recognize my cpu.
ocho10

I found an update to the BIOS that should solve the problem, but it is not compatible with XP :evil:
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

http://www.bootdisk.com should solve that...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
ocho10

what am I supposed to download from this website? Sorry, I'm not that good with the technical stuff having to do with computers.