Where is my chip?

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
Frenchy001
New visitors - please read the rules.

I recently flashed my bios with the wrong update. It killed my chip. I searched via goodle and found http://www.wimsbios.com/index.htm?/HTML1/asus.html this page. I sent in a check for $25. A week later i recieved a 'payment recieved' letter in the mail but no chip. Its been over a month now and still i've recieved nothing. Did i do something wrong? Please let me know if you need more info from me or tell me what the next step is. I sent a very descriptive letter with all the info they asked for on that web page. Please help a guy w/ a nice mobo thats dead out.
soupy
Absentee administrator

I think I need to change the wording on that page.

That info is for getting a chip DIRECTLY FROM ASUS. It has nothing to do with us; it's just a copy and paste from their website.

Here's their info:
http://asus.ingenuity.net/company/corporateinfo.asp

ASUS Computer International
6737 Mowry Ave.,
Mowry Business Center Bldg. 2,
Newark, CA 94560, USA
Tel: +1-510-739-3777
Fax: +1-510-608-4555
Fax: +1-510-608-4511 RMA
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
Frenchy001

Thanks for the help and the fast response! But when i called them, they told me that they don't ship out of CA and to call this # in Ohio (not sure the state) 1-502-995-0883. I tried called, sat on hold 10 minutes then it disconnected me. =\ But at least i have a # to call. Thanks again
soupy
Absentee administrator

Asus Technology
7100 Intermodal Dr
LOUISVILLE, KY 40258
502-995-0883
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
Frenchy001

Soupy, i dont know who runs that web page i have posted up there but it needs changes. The address on there is no longer the correct address according to a lady i chated with. And secondly the place in CA no longer does BIOS chips. They keep refering me to the place in KY which i called. I talked to a guy named Jeremy there and he was much help. Hes never seen the web page and has no clue why they refer people to him being they dont have anything to do with each other. I had to give Jeremy my Visa # and $25 to get another chip ordered. He said i have to call this CA # again to try to get my $25 back from them. I did and they told me to call the KY # then i said this is nuts and told the CA lady what i pretty much told you. She said she'll try to get my $25 back and to expect a phone call or e-mail from them soon. arg.. Please fix the page (or talk to the guy who runs it?) so this does not happen to anyone else..
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Make sure you get your money back

Get a new preflashed chip from www.badflash.com or from Ebay/other Auctions