Help requred my first flash

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
albrown
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi,
After eliminating my hard drive from being the reason why my computer wouldnt boot windows me(whose disk I'v now lost :roll: ) I decided that the it must be a boot up virus as the computer had become gradually more and more ustable with time.
So my motherboard(epox) is an ep-8kta2 via kt133 agpset, whose bios serial numbrer is 01/10/2001-8363686b-6a6lmpa9c-00. I downloaded a new bios from th epox website. However,on flashing(alt-f2) I get a screen with a box(looks like DOS)asking me to type in a space labelled"filename to program" Firstly I don't know what to write here and secodly I have an error message at the bottom of th box in Red!?Why as I got the bios from the manufacturer.....Hope you can help my address is aesbrown@hotmail.com.
Thanks for reading to the end and any help you can offer
Alex
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

You'll have to type the BIOS filename. It might come zipped, so you might need to extract it first.
jspeybro
New visitors - please read the rules.

it's not because the computer is becoming more and more unstable, that you can conclude that you have a virus! I would think it's a heat problem!
Check your hardware monitors in the BIOS or use eg SiSoft Sandra to check the temperature.