Where to download Bios Upgrade for Ali M1542/M1543 Chipset

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
aniave
New visitors - please read the rules.

Where to download Bios Upgrade for Ali M1542/M1543 Chipset Motherboard with AGP Slot and 100MHz Bus speed. it is a socket 7 board from Redfox. The bios is Award Bios.

My problem is that, I am gettinga a stop error in windows 2000 and I can't use my machine. The details of the error is the following.

I am running Windows 2000 Professional on a system with the following hardware configuration.

1. AMD K 6 II 3DNow 500MHz Processor with a motherboard from Redfox (Taiwan) have ALI Chipset, AGP Slot.
2. 128MB of PC100 SDRAM
3. 20GB Seagate HDD
4. ATI Rage Fury 128 Graphics card with 32MB RAM onboard
5. Creative Vibra 128 PCI Sound Card.
6. Davicom 100Mbps Ethernet adaptor
7. 1.44MB FDD
8. Samsung 52x CDROM Drive

From last week onwards it shows the folloing stop error frequently. When I restart the computer, it may work for 1 or 2 hrs and again showing this stop error. I havn't changed any hardware or software.

============================================
*** STOP: 0x0000000A (0x28D21394,0x000000FF,0x00000001,0x800680CD) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***Address 800680CD base at 80062000, DateStamp 381f8c6e - hal.dll

If tis is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps.
Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or softwre manufacturer to any Windows2000 updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardwre or software. disable BIOS Memory Options such as caching or shadowing. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and select Safe Mode.

Refer to your Getting Started Manual for More information on troubleshooting Stop errors.
============================================

Please help me to solve this problem.
KachiWachi
The New Guy

I've seen that error on my WinNT 4, SP6a machine recently.

You can search the Microsoft Knowledge Base for "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL " and get some insight.

For me, I just re-seated everything, did a RAM check using MemTest, and made sure the case was getting enough air (it seemed hot inside). I actually added a small 486 fan over my CPU regulators as well. Haven't seen the problem since.

Please post your BIOS ID string if you are looking for an update, though I don't think you have a BIOS problem here.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

KachiWachi wrote:I've seen that error on my WinNT 4, SP6a machine recently.

You can search the Microsoft Knowledge Base for "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL " and get some insight.
On NT4 this only takes a set Use PnP OS : No :roll:
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
KachiWachi
The New Guy

Edwin - My board is an M520...no such setting...so it must have been something else...