Where can I find the AMIBIOS binary file for MS 6156BX?

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
Jebarce
New visitors - please read the rules.

I need the binary file for an AMIBIOS on a MSI motherboard with Model no. MS 6156BX. I already searched the manufacturer's web site but only found an EXE file. I am trying to order a new bios from Badflash.com and they need the BIN file.

I need your help badly. Thanks in advance.

JEB
Jebarce@pacbell.net :cry:
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/b ... hp?UID=259
There's both AMI and Award BIOS there - the board can run either with AMI or Award. Get the Award v1.6 - it's newer than the latest AMI. The file you download is self-extracting EXE file. After running, it extracts the BIOS file (W6156IMS.160) and flasher.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
Jebarce

A million thanks for the info. I will go for your suggestion. I will now order the bios chip and will let you know of the progress for future referrence of others who might have the same motherboard as I have.

---------

Your good works will never go unnoticed. This is the second time you have responded to my queries. Now I have so much confidence in you. Again a big thank you. :D

JEB
Jebarce

After clearing the CMOS, I was able to get the details of my bios but still it cannot access the setup. The screen flashes bios data then turns off after few seconds. It goes to blank screen when I try to enter the bios setup (F2). I tried the bios from MSI but to no avail. Now I'm confused if I have the right bios. I have read in the Collected Wisdom that the standard MSI bios will not work with other system builders with MSI motherboard. My system is NEC GT250 containing the following bios details:

Bios - AMI (American Megatrend)
61-0810-001169-0101111-071595

Additional info (the following were written on the motherboard):
MS 6156 ver 1.1 BX7
i440BX (Intel chipset)

Is there a bios that I can use to make my system work?

If yes, how can I get the BIN or the ROM from self-executing (EXE) bios file (as required by the Badflash.org that will provide me with the new chip)?

I hope I have alll the details above for you to help me. I would appreciate any help I could obtain.

JEB
Jebarce

Thanks for the link. The motherboard pic looks exactly like mine. I will try the new bios. Will keep you updated on any development. Thanks again.