Dual BIOS didn't work! Needing help!!!

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
HgetisTK
New visitors - please read the rules.

hello,
Recently i bought Gigabyte's GA-8KNXP. I thought that this mobo was Revision 1.0, so I' ve searched for BIOS updates. I found some new updates, I downloaded them and unzipped them. I used @BIOS utility, a Windows based utility which comes with mobos's package, and I flashed my BIOS chip. BIOS flashing completed succesfully and @BIOS prompted to reboot so the changes take affect. After restarting everything gone blank. System cannot boot up any more. Searching again the Internet I discovered that my mobo was Revision 2.0! So, I've just flashed my BIOS with the wrong BIOS version. Any ideas?? please!!

And something else: Gigabyte is equiped with Dual BIOS Technology which means that if anything bad happens the secondary back up BIOS chip automatically takes over control and prompts to recover the damaged BIOS chip. On my mobo something like that, didn't happen!

Any ideas???
I really need some help!! :cry:
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

To automatically switch, the BIOS bootblock has to detect an error. When you flash the wrong BIOS correctly the bootblock does not detect an error in the BIOS.
Is your BIOS socketed like the picture on the website ?
sulbert
Master Flasher

NickS wrote:Is your BIOS socketed like the picture on the website ?
Ever seen any (newer) dual BIOS board which has socketed flash chips?
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

No. But I live in hope that one day they will realise the errors of their ways and return to socketed 32-pin DIL. :wink:
I don't know whether you can force a checksum error on a FWH - I don't think so.
HgetisTK
New visitors - please read the rules.

The bad truth is that BIOS isn't socketed! If it was I thought changing the chips. Putting back up BIOS chip in main BIOS's socket and main BIOS chip in back up BIOS's socket. Unfortunately there are no sockets! I have also read some solutions about using floppy's activity -if there is one of course- but there isn't any. So, the only way is to force a checksum error? Anything else?

(PS: I'm working now for three days with my old GA-440BX...) :(
sulbert
Master Flasher

HgetisTK wrote:Anything else?
De-soldering the flash chip (and soldering a socket) and reprogramming it in a programmer that supports FWH chips.