Flashed Bios...said Success..... But it Wasn't! Help Please!

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
E-Emperor
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have a shuttle MS51/n MotherBoard with an Award Modular bios 6.00. I thought I would flash the Bios as there was an update for it. I used Uniflash, as I have done before on other older PC's. & I backed up the old Bios, but Bloody! Floppy disks! - I can't get into it. I also enabled BootBlock and it did say that it was a different file size and did I want to proceed.? So I said yes, Then in Flashed the Bios, Said Sucess, But Now I have No Bios, I tried Clearing the cmos chip, but I had no Luck there. When I turn my PC on it doesn't seek the floppy disk, but it does start the CD Rom drives. And thats it. Other than that it seems dead. SO it powers up, and that's it No Bios!! Please Anybody who has any advice or a solution please help me? What can I do.? How do I restore the Bios?
Denniss
BIOS Guru

"Different File Size" is a serious WARNING !!

This warning means the filesize of Bios image and flashrom is not the same because of completely different files (512/256KB) or due to a damaged/corrupted download with some bytes missing

Try www.badflash.com or similar Bios programming websites
E-Emperor

I did get the right bios, I think. But maybe it was corrupt as I was using a floppy disk that was pretty shitty, Is there any hope of reflashing it? I have looked on the net but I end up going in circles

I just checked the bios I used and it was missing some of it. Can I reflash? I have downloaded it again.
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

It sounds as though you have trashed the bootblock, and it looks as though the BIOS is not in a socket - am I right ?
At this point I am afraid I think the only solution requires electronics expertise and quite possibly SMT repair equipment.
I assume it's out of warranty ?
E-Emperor

Yip I stuffed the boot block. My bios chip is removable, which is good. I have rang local computer stores and no one in my region has a EPROM device. I am looking at hotflashing it.

Do I need another motherboard the same, or could I use a motherboard with a similar chip with the same size file?
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Same size socket and a chipset which supports that size (pretty common) and voltage (12V/5v most likely) should be sufficient. Good luck!
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

UniFlash beginning with v1.33 will NOT allow you to start flashing, when there is a size mismatch. This is to avoid situations like this one.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere