MSI third party board.

Don't ask how to over-clock.
tiltedscope
New visitors - please read the rules.

I ran the tool and it worked away on my bios. I ran the /m manual option. It was nice to select what options to go with. I read somewhere not to run options that were half-assed. I did this three times accessing different options with each bios. One bios I ran everything that came up. The second I ran some things. And the third I ran only what was for sure not recognized fully. Now I have more multipliers open and possibly 0.13 support. Just need to mod my board and borrow a friends thoroughbred. Matter of fact I will call him soon about this. Think I'll flash my bios and see if the changes are in effect at my bios setup screen. Thanks for your help sulbert. I will post new info in the coming days.
:P

tiltedscope
Littering and?
Littering and???
tiltedscope

I have not flashed my bios. But my friend came by with his thoroughbred and we plugged it in. It worked! The cpu name could not be recognized, but the freq. was displayed correctly and I even overclocked the thing. Going to ored a new thorton for sure. Shooting for a 2 Ghz cpu. This xp2000 went up to 1.78 Ghz with stock cooling and voltage. I will let you know in a week or so.

tiledscope
Littering and?
Littering and???
sulbert
Master Flasher

tiltedscope wrote:But my friend came by with his thoroughbred and we plugged it in. It worked!
With or without the hardware mod?
tiltedscope

I decided to just plug the thing in and it worked. We even verified that the chip was a Thoroughbred by checking the chip ID on AMD's website. I just ordered my Thorton from newegg. It will be here on the 13th of Feb! .
I probably will not try the cache mod. I've been hearing odd things about Thortons being Bartons that did not pass AMD assembly tests. I also heard that the cache mod is hit or miss. Maybe the chip has good cache, but if it does not, then you have yourself a kickass non-working 2Ghz chip.
I am going to flash my bios right now. I just was refreshing my brain before I do. Wish me luck.

:P

tiltedscope
Littering and?
Littering and???