can BIOS be UN-Flashed?

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
kingxgr
New visitors - please read the rules.

...almost ready to flash that SOYO motherboard: 01/13/97-i430VX-8669-2A59GS2IC-00

I have found on Soyo's site the 5va0911h.bin , but I also found in wims.rainbow-software.org a binary with the same name.

QUESTION 1: Is it the same binary, only the 2nd one is patched? and the one in Soyo's site not? (Edwin, maybe you can help me with this. Thanks)

QUESTION 2: Is it possible to flash a BIOS with a binary and then decide to flash back to it's original state or at least a BIOS update between those two?

QUESTION 3: Also... the newer Award Flash Utility I use, the better? So I should get an 8.x version?

Please excuse my english, I hope I made myself clear :-)
Have a nice day and thanks for your replies!
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

kingxgr wrote:I have found on Soyo's site the 5va0911h.bin , but I also found in wims.rainbow-software.org a binary with the same name.

QUESTION 1: Is it the same binary, only the 2nd one is patched?
Correct
QUESTION 2: Is it possible to flash a BIOS with a binary and then decide to flash back to it's original state or at least a BIOS update between those two?
If both BIOS binary files are correct for the board you can flash either into the ROM, if the ROM is not faulty. Start by saving your existing BIOS.
QUESTION 3: Also... the newer Award Flash Utility I use, the better? So I should get an 8.x version?
That should be true, but occasionally Award get something wrong. I would not worry very much.
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
kingxgr
New visitors - please read the rules.

Thanks a lot :-)

Have a good day!