40GB: 07/10/1998-i440LX-8679-2A69JT19C-00

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
ramki
New visitors - please read the rules.

Please let me know the url for downloading bios update for '07/10/1998-i440LX-8679-2A69JT19C-00'. My 40 gb hdd is not getting detected.

Thanks
Ramki.
ramki

Please let me know the url for downloading bios update for '07/10/1998-i440LX-8679-2A69JT19C-00'. My 40 gb hdd is not getting detected.
Award BIOS type: Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG
Processor: Intel celeron 300A

Thanks
Ramki.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

It may be a Trang-Bow TB-6LX motherboard

Please post full Bios-ID including Bios OEM message/Bios OEM signon if any
ramki

Please guide me how to findout the 'full Bios-ID including Bios OEM message/Bios OEM signon' information.

Thanks,
Ramki.
georgep
BIOS Rookie

Please read the posting rules post at the top of this forum. It gives you instructions on what you need to do.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Get Uniflash and make a backup copy of your installed Bios .
Send this file to me and I'll try to patch it to support HDD up to 40GB
-> please zip/rar your file with Winzip/Winrar

It seems there's no Bios update available in the net for your board - all links are dead .
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

I have a newer one: 09/22/1998-i440LX-8679-2A69JT19C-00
There is no OEM ID there.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
ramki

Thank you very much.

Rainbow:
I could not find the '09/22/1998-i440LX-8679-2A69JT19C-00' on http://wims.rainbow-software.org. Do you suggest me to download and test it with this new bios ? Can you please let me know the url to download this bios update.

Denniss:
I have made a backup copy of my existing bios with awdflash. I will take a backup of my bios with uniflash and shall upload the both.

I will be helpfull to me if anyone let me know the procedure to take backup of my existing bios with uniflash and the how to flash it with updated (modified bios) one.

My existing motherboard has an agp slot (1x speed). Is it possible to update the speed of agp to 4x with bios update ?

Thank you.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Patched 9/1998 Bios sent - please report back your findings !
It's posible this Bios still has the UDMA BUG - activation of UDMA modes higher than your Board is capable of (i440LX = UDMA33 = UDMA Mode 2) .
If you see your new HDD listet as UDMA66/UDMA Mode 4 or higher then use a utility from your HDD manufacturer to set the HDD back to UDMA33 .

Your AGP Slot is AGP Rev 1.x capable of 3.3V operation with AGP1x/2x - most if not all AGP4x cards and even some AGP8x cards are backwards compatible with AGP Rev 1.x
ramki

Thanks for the bios update. I will check and post my results tomorrow. I am using a 4x 32 mb agp card in my 1x agp slot. It is working.

Thanks once again.
ramki

I was not able to update the bios as floppy drive is not working. Last week I had updated the bios with a wrong bios and was able to restore the bios with backup. My floppy drive was working properly at that time. Yesterday when I checked the drive to update, it was not working. When I boot with win98 , I am able to access the drive for sometime (able to delete and copy few files) after some operations with it, it is saying that drive is no ready.
Windows 2000 is not showing the drive in the explorer. There was an exclamation mark on the floppy drive when I checked it in the driver manager. I even checked the power connection and cable connected to the drive. There could be some error in the bios or I am not sure.

Thanks.
ramki

I am pasting the bios information:

BIOS-Info, c't/Andreas Stiller, V. 1.5 10/00
Computer ID : FC, SubTyp: 02, BIOS-Level: 116
Rechnertyp : AT,typ ??, Configurationbyte $70
Maustreiber : Microsoft Compatibel, Version: 08.00
Maustyp : InPort-Maus auf IRQ2
Bus : ISA
Hauptspeicher : 640 KB, davon verfügbar : 640 KB
Extended Memory : 1024 KB
BIOS Datum : 07/10/98
Award BIOS gefunden : Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG
Award ID-String : 07/10/1998-i440LX-8679-2A69JT19C-00
Board/BIOS-Version : FOXEN 6ILA-I
OEM : TRANG BOW
URL : ?? .. => http://www.trademart.com/pcasia/pcnamet.htm
Chipset : i440LX-8679 //Intel 440LX
INT-13h BIOS Extension: nein
PnP (ACFG,ESCD,DMI) : PnP V1.0/ESCD
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

Double check the floppy drive settings in the BIOS to make sure it is still set to your drive type. Sometimes these can be reset to incorrect values.
ramki

Denniss, Thanks alot for your bios update.
I have copied the uniflash and the bios update on to the cd and then updated the bios. As my floppy drive is not working I could not take the backup of my exisiting bios while bios update process.

' Denniss posted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:17 pm :
It's posible this Bios still has the UDMA BUG - activation of UDMA modes higher than your Board is capable of (i440LX = UDMA33 = UDMA Mode 2) .
If you see your new HDD listet as UDMA66/UDMA Mode 4 or higher then use a utility from your HDD manufacturer to set the HDD back to UDMA33'

I have two hdd connected and both were shown as UDMA Mode 5. Can you please let me know why it has to be changed to UDMA 33 (UDMA Mode 2). Please let me know how to change the UDMA mode ? Following were the 2 hdd connected to my system
1, 20 Gb Segate
2, 40 Gb Samsung

My floppy drive is still not working in win2k, I could see the drive with an exclamation mark in device manager. 'This device is not working properly (Code 10) ' was mentioned in the floppy properties in device manager. I even cross checked the bios setting for floppy drive, there were pointing to 1.44 Mb, 3.5'. I could use the drive in win98. I even modified the boot sequence in bios and made floppy as first in the sequence, but still it is not activating the floppy drive and not even reading the floppy. What could be the problem ? Do I need to replace floppy drive ?

Thank you very much for bios update.
Ramki.
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

From everything I just read about your floppy drive, I would have thought that it sounds like the actual floppy drive is faulty. Except that you said you can use it in Windows 98 - if this means being able to reliably read and write and also format without problems (taking care not to wipe anything important of-course) then you may have a problem within W2K.

It is interesting that you cannot boot though. I think I do come across either some floppy drives where the drive functions fine apart from having problems when trying to use it as a boot device, which if is the case I place the drives in the faulty category.