Award Flash error

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
RoOoBo
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have a QDI Advance 10T MB using Apollo Via chipset and an Award Bios. When I try to flash the last BIOS with the awflash program (version 7.95) that comes with the BIOS file the program hangs. Luckyly it happens even before starting writing (as the MB is still working). The program display just doesn't change (no write progress is shown) after the last Yes and if you press any key it shows an error about a stack overflow or similar.

Is that usual? Or is there a problem with my MB?

The only reason I would want to flash the newest BIOS is to see if it offers 137+ GB support. Is there anyway to know if the BIOS supports it before trying it? The change file for the Advance 10T doesn't mention anything. The latest BIOS is from february 2002.
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

If your system was running fine until you tried to flash I doubt there is any problem with your main board.

Download the DR-DOS 7.x "Basic-Biosflash" Bootdisk-Image from http://www.bootdisk.com and setup your boot disk for the flash update process using this. I think you may be running into a memory related problem which this boot disk will help you avoid.

If you still have a problem, send another post and ask whether UniFlash is safe for the update process on your particular board. I used UniFlash for the first time recently and quite liked it, and it functioned well for what I used it for.