BIOS Flashing Vendor question!

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
Carrot79
New visitors - please read the rules.

I Have to list the procedure for the Flashing of the BIOS but what I need to know is does the make of the chip alter the flashing process? Between AMI, Award and Phoenix ( I'm looking into theese)
thanks in advance!
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

The BIOS chip model/make determines the flashing routine to be used.
Carrot79

I'm having a hard time finding out where to find the routines are on the manufacturers website are there any links to that information directly?
js76

The best place to go is directly to the website of the manufacturer of your particular motherboard (or the manufacturer of your computer, if you have one made by a large OEM such as Dell, Compaq, HP, Gateway, etc). Every motherboard manufacturer I've ever dealt with has listed explicit instructions on how to flash the BIOS of all of their current boards, as well most have archived files and information for their older products.

In general, you need to create a bootable floppy disk. Download the proper flashing program and BIOS image from your manufacturer's website and copy them to this floppy. Then boot from this floppy and follow whatever directions they provide on their site.

Manufacturers will have different flashing programs based on the type of BIOS (AMI, Award, Phoenix, etc) and the versions of those BIOSes. And the BIOS images they provide are tailored specifically to their motherboards. So it's very important to properly identify your motherboard or system and get the exact files you need from your manufacturer.