AMIBOOT.ROM IS NOT WRITTEN ON PCCHIPS M791G Motherboard

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
yesu alokola
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi All,

I had a disasterous AMI BIOS flash on my PCCHIPS M791G motherboard. I now get POST code Fb, i.e enable flash write on motherboard. How Do I do that?

Thanks and regards
lucske74
Chip off the ol' block

Can You do the tric with ctrl-home ! Then you must rename the file to AMIBOOT.ROM
Or clear-mos !
yesu alokola

Hi;

I have done that and am at a point where the AMIBOOT.ROM file is read from the floppy but NOT written to the BIOS chip on the motherboard. The last POST diagonostic code is Fb (enable flash write on mobo).

Regards
lucske74
Chip off the ol' block

You mean F6 ! When yoou to the tric with CTRL-Home keys , I will read the disk with the amiboot.rom file . If you used a postcard then you see that it's starts with F2,F3,F4, F5, F6, and then it stops , You heard also a couple of beeps , that contains that flash is done or is a bad flash.
I have the seem thing , but I know that the bios chip was bad .
So I take a nother bios chip with the same voltage and flash it with the good bios file on another motherbord with amibios chip onboard.
Then I replace the chip and now the board works fine .
yesu alokola

Hi;

No luck yet. The BIOS chip is soldered onto the motherboard but i think it is ok as the problem started after a flash update. I want to try with other BIOS files to see if there will be any change.

Thanks and regards
ikabod

i also have a problem with my PCChips M791G mobo, the amiboot.rom thing works, but the other problem is that when i restart the system, i get a dead bios again. it's like it's not holding the data on it's bios.

even if i just take a couple of minutes on setting up the values unto it bios after a good flash, after saving and exiting, wham, dead bios.

any ideas you can share peeps? highly appreciated...
lucske74
Chip off the ol' block

Is you battery good ! 3,3V-- 2,9 V.