no way to enter bios or boot from cd

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
tooliscrowned
New visitors - please read the rules.

well, i am building a pc, and i just returned what i thought to be a faulty motherboard, and now the new one wont work either!

i have a brand new ECS KT600-A motherboard, an AMD Sempron, and 256 DDR400 RAM. when i power on, i see the black screen that tells me the name of the motherboard, the CPU speed etc, and then at the bottom it says press delete to enter setup. i have tried pressing every button, but nothing will get me into BIOS. the CDROM drive will open, and ive tried putting the Win2000 cd just to start the install, and the cd spins but the screen does not change.

i had the same problem with a brand new SYNTAX motherboard, and i experienced the same problem, only with it the CDROM drive wouldnt open, and i saw a SYNTAX logo before i saw this boot screen.

PLEASE someone help, ive tried everything. is my memory bad? it doesnt seem like that could be it but its the only possible solution it seems, since practically everything else has been tested....

thank you in advance for your help.

jay
PGM
BIOS Newbie

Try another keyboard, preferibly PS-2. If you are using a USB keyboard, plug the PS-2 keyboard, enter CMOS setup and enable USB Keyboard support.
tooliscrowned
New visitors - please read the rules.

well ive tried that, it doesnt work. im also not receiving any beeps and its not running the memory test that should show like : Memory frequency for DDR400....

i suspect it might be the power supply?
KachiWachi
The New Guy

Check your components...something is obviously not compatible or bad.

http://www.ecsusa.com/products/kt600-a.html
KURIAKI

tooliscrowned wrote:i have a brand new ECS KT600-A motherboard, an AMD Sempron, and 256 DDR400 RAM. when i power on, i see the black screen that tells me the name of the motherboard, the CPU speed etc, and then at the bottom it says press delete to enter setup. i have tried pressing every button, but nothing will get me into BIOS.
KT600-A manual says:
During POST, you can start the Setup program in one on two ways:
1. By pressing Del immediately after switching the system on, or
2. By pressing Del or pressing Ctrl+Alt+Esc when the following message
appears briefly at the bottom of the screen during POST:
TO ENTER SETUP BEFORE BOOT PRESS DEL KEY
If the message disappears before you respond and you still wish to enter Setup, restart
the system to try again by turning it OFF then ON or pressing the RESET button on the
system case. You may also restart by simultaneously pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del. If you do
not press the keys at the correct time and the system does not boot, an error message
appears and you are again asked to:
PRESS F1 TO CONTINUE, DEL TO ENTER SETUP

Syntax BIOS can be accessed pressing DEL key.
More than 100,000 BIOS strings in my database just now!
http:/ /www.kuriaki.has.it/
http:/ /www.supportbios.info
------------------------------------------
Saludos desde Cancun, Mexico
KURIAKI