thinkpad 600e issues...

Don't ask how to hack password. (BIOS Passwords)
ohjustbyteme
New visitors - please read the rules.

i can't flash the bios because when i run the flash program, it wants the battery fully charged... the battery isn't holding a full charge but does work.
and i have the power supply plugged in at the time... Is there any way around this?
also.. i replaced a bad hard drive with a larger disc. when i load the hard disc, windows loads no problem but when i try to boot the pc, it gives a disc read error, cntl, alt, delete ....... you know the error. I've ran the system test from bois, the hard disc tests ok. (it should its new) help me.. someone please help me!!!!
thanks
mark
:(
stefaroo

Hi Mark

Did you get a fix for the battery problem? - my thinkpad bios update or lack thereof is now overdue to the point where I am thinking of using an axe to modify the hardware....

Cheers,

Stefaroo
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

Flashing without battery

http://www.wimsbios.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6416

what you mean by "when i load the hard disc, windows loads no problem"
stefaroo

Hey, I got round the battery problem.

I couldn't update the bios when the charge was 92% so I decided to run it flat and then do the flash during the recharge. It worked first time when charge was at 42%.

The way I figure it is this:

92% is the most my battery ever holds, so the battery is not being charged and the check in the bios update program thinks the charger is not working, so won't flash. At 42% the charger is running it's nuts off, the update program detects this and proceeds accordingly. Tried to flash again at 92%, guess what - no joy. Discharged again, flash worked first time again during recharge.

It works for me - anybody else care to try it?