PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.0 ?

How-to identify your motherboard ?
gjivan72
New visitors - please read the rules.

First would like to thank e support bios agent because under system information it says Phonexi 6.00. Well anyways i have a 200 gig hd and i want to put it onto a emachine t2040. I was gonig to put it in buti want to be sure not sure waht my mother board is and here is some of my specs.

Motherborard??? should i update?

Bios : PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.0
Bios id : 31891.EM.0000.D.0208262051
Chip set: Intel 2560 rev 1
os : Microsoft Windows XP Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

Should i have a problem installing the 200 gig it should support right?

thanks alot tell me if you need more information
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

TriGem Imperial-GL
http://www.emachineupgraders.info/dir1/ ... rial.shtml
As with any PhoenixBios 4.0 board, max harddrive is 128GB or thereabout, so a seperate add-in controller card with its own bios is needed. http://www.promise.com is the best known brand, there are other (cheaper) ones as well. Your mileage may vary.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
gjivan72
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hey thanks alot!!! I have a 120 gig also so ill just install that one anyways thanks againg i am sort of a noob at this hardware stuff softoware os is mostly my domain lol anways

Emachines suck after i found out more about computesr unfuarnelty no agp slot and the computer i am has rd ram but radeon 9600 pro so i am stuff emach has a gig of ram and 1.5 ghz anyways i dont wanna buy anything i am gonna get anther machine hopefully pci express and 64 well thanks bye

But i am instretesd in this vtrac waht does it do ?
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

haven't got a clue, I specialize in identifying the boards, not bios gizomo's/settings, find out in the forum dedicated for that question...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...