want 2 know my mother board through many thigns

How-to identify your motherboard ?
waleedy
BIOS Newbie

hi ,my problem with my motherboard :
it seems to be bios problem because when i reboot it it show"bios bootblock 1.0".
some things about my motherboard:
it is socket 370 with via chipset VT82C693A and VT82C596B, but the bios chipset is phoenix and the bios programm is award
i found my motherboard serial :35-D931-02-41
.i want to flash it with its bios flash ,so need hlp to find the manufacter for this motherboard and it's bios.
hope these information could help u to find it's manufacter and to hlp me 2 solve this problem.
KURIAKI

More than 100,000 BIOS strings in my database just now!
http:/ /www.kuriaki.has.it/
http:/ /www.supportbios.info
------------------------------------------
Saludos desde Cancun, Mexico
KURIAKI
waleedy
BIOS Newbie

thnx man u solved it
waleedy
BIOS Newbie

man after the flash the bios come to life but the problem is"CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR DEFAULT LOADED"
and some about floppy (80)
what that mean and the keyboard dont work
need hlp
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

This often happens after a flash.

The settings are not restored to valid values during the flash process and therefore the system is informing you that due to this a checksum error has been identified and the computer has taken action by loading valid default values.

Enter into the BIOS setup, load and save defaults, check your HDD drive settings, and check the floppy drive setting.

If the floppy drive error (80) stays the same after you have checked it's setting in the BIOS, the cable might be setup incorrectly.

Also with the kb make sure you haven't mixed up the keyboard and mouse cables to the ports at the back of the case (coming from main board).

Hope I have been of as much help as required.
waleedy
BIOS Newbie

man i will describe what hapend after flashing:
before the flash the pc seem to be dead,but after the flash with typing "
awdflash filename.bin /sn/sp/cc/cd " which mean to clear every thing after flashing,the pc come to life and detect the hard disk and the cd rom and then it display "floppy disk fail(80) cmos checksum error-default loaded"
and in all these things i cant make the keyboard work, neither in ps2 nor in usb ,and when i reboot the pc the led's on the keyboard just flasing light's for few seconds and then go down,even before the flash the keyboard couldn't work,also i've change the floppy cable and clear cmos by moving the jumpers.
so what do think the problem because now i can't use the floppy anymore and through this floppy i make flash and didn't make any changes and it display this (80)?
hope i make the picture clear and hope solve this problem ASAP
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

hotflash the chip with the proper bios in another board. hotflash procedure described on many places. Sounds like the floppy is connected wrongly as well.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

To try to get the keyboard working:

1) Try disconnecting the floppy completely, both power and data. Disconnect data cable both from the floppy drive and the mainboard.

2) If the keyboard is still non-operational after step 1, try a different known working PS/2 keyboard. Avoid USB keyboards at this stage. If the keyboard does work after step 1, you most likely had the floppy connected incorrectly (reversed or off-set pins to data cable).

If the keyboard still fails after both of the above steps, I suspect a fault on the mainboard.

But if you are confident enough to follow Edwin's sugestion of a hotflash, this is still worth a try if you really want to try to fully revise this board.
waleedy
BIOS Newbie

but man the amazing thing that i didnt change the cable data or make any changes ,it began just after flashing from the same floppy,and about hot flash what that mean because i dont have any motherboard with same bios chipset.and about motherboard it didnt work ,but the amazing thing that before flash the motherboard was dead but now it detect every thing but stop at floppy fail ,is there a way to by pass the ps2 connector or something to make the keyboard work by the way could it work through COM 1 or something,because both keyboard after rebooting and the bios make cheking if keyboard connected the led's flash all time not flash once (what that mean)?
i hope not bothering u in this problem
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

Sometimes keyboard ports simply die on mainboards.

But it still sounds like could be cabling or BIOS corruption so still worth investigating.
waleedy
BIOS Newbie

but man now i have no access to floppy in order to make any flash,and about hotflash what that mean?any idea my friends ,i'm all ears.
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

If you are NOT in BOOTBLOCK BIOS, try the clear CMOS jumper.

If settings are corrupt this may both enable the keyboard and solve the floppy drive problem.
waleedy
BIOS Newbie

i make e-mail to it's manufactor technical support and i hope they have any idea in addition to u my friends
waleedy
BIOS Newbie

man about clear CMOS i have make it about 2 minutes,but no success,and i'm still waiting for the reply of PCPARTNER technical support
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

Any luck?

If you are still working through this problem the most thorough clear CMOS operation I am aware of is the following, although it is starting to sound like a pure faulty board.

1) Set the clear CMOS to the clear position.
2) Remove the backup battery if you can do so easily.
3) Press the power button once.
4) Unplug the power cord from the power supply.
5) Press the power button once, wait about five secs, then repeat step 5 a couple of times.
6) Restore the clear CMOS jumper to the normal position, re-insert battery, plug back-in power cord.
7) Power up. The CMOS should be cleared.