MB Help - 31861.EM.0000.D.020-121254

How-to identify your motherboard ?
cmk
BIOS Newbie

I'm trying to find a bios upgrade for the above but I'm struggling like mad. It's an EMachine 570 which has decided not to want to use the USB or NIC connections properly although they're installed and recognised. Flashing the bios is just one of the things I'm trying to get it working although something tells me the MB is on it's way out.

BiosWizard tells me the bios is PhoenixBios 4.0 Rev 6.0 dated 09/12/02. The chipset is 2560 Rev 1.

Also this thread which I posted last year and had forgotten about suggests the board is a Trigem Imperial board. The board itself does have the following on it which would tie up.

MOT No: 133754 Imperial_G 20020809

The Intel chip has the following on it.

FW8280 DB
L2300156
SL66K

Despite all this information I'm still unable to find much out about this board.

Any help out there would be seriously appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
zonxar
Master Flasher

The new link for the EMachines support page is here:

http://www.emachineupgraders.info/

Yours is a U.K. model - some BIOS files are listed for the Imperial boards, but are from HP machines. Did you ever confirm that it was the Imperial G or???

:)
cmk
BIOS Newbie

The MB does have "Imperial_G" printed on in as I put above so I'm pretty sure that's what it is now. :wink: Thanks for the link. I'll go and see what I can find. The way things are I'm almost expecting to have to replace the board as I feel it's on it's way out so if I flash the bios and it kills it then it's not a major shock.

For the record it was an absolute pig to start up this morning. Almost like me when I don't want to get out of bed. :lol:
cmk
BIOS Newbie

I'm struggling again. I'm not sure which one to use from that link. Any further help please?