HHD IS NOT BEING RECG. PANASONIC CF-R1 TOUGHBOOK

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
amason
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have a panasonic CF-R1 toughbook. The bios is updated to the latest version, I have replaced the HD as well as the controller. I have tried to re-install Windows XP which moves along just fine until it is time for the system to reboot and continue the installation, of course I get the error message that there is no HD. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...please forgive me if I made any errors, this is my first post and I did read the rules.

April
Yaye
BIOS Rookie

Can you find your HD in BIOS at the start up?
amason

Yaye wrote:Can you find your HD in BIOS at the start up?
No when I go to my setup the HD is not there
Yaye
BIOS Rookie

Try to clear CMOS memory by closing the specific jumper on the motherboard (with the pc power off) and then reopen the jumper.

If doesn't work may be that your bios battery is deplated.
amason

Yaye wrote:Try to clear CMOS memory by closing the specific jumper on the motherboard (with the pc power off) and then reopen the jumper.

If doesn't work may be that your bios battery is deplated.
Okay I will try that in the morning. It is getting late here and my mind is tired, please look for my reply tomorrow and thank you so much for your help. I have called Panasonic three times and they just keep telling me to return it to them.
Yaye
BIOS Rookie

I had the same problem in January.

You can see my topic here:
http://www.wimsbios.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7546

I tried all, then I replaced the mainboard with another one: I think that my problem was a fault of the circuits on the board.