Version 3.14 for A8AE-LE

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

not sure how much it likes the new CPU. I'd put back the sempron before flashing it.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
mrsatan
New visitors - please read the rules.

Just hopping on the bandwagon for the 3.14 bios.
Thanks for the help
Last edited by mrsatan on Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
antichris3

3.14 fixed the 100% cpu usage problem for me on vista as well

i can't believe hp has a bios patch on their website that breaks windows..

my hp pc is hp m7300e

c
mrsatan

Yeah I just picked up an old compaq from a buddy of mine that has the 3.10 bios on it. Performance is horrible compared to my own machine which is very similar in specs. Hopefully this update will help. By the way I am running MCE 2005 on it, and it seems to work fairly well.
goldenita

Edwin, thanks very much for sending me 3.14

After flashing it my computer works better, however I decided to reinstall windows and now I have a problem. I'm trying to use the recovery disks, and they don't work, I have this message:

"These system recovery cd's do not support this hp pc model"
My computer is a compaq presario SR1710NX, and my original bios was 3.11

I don't know what is the problem. It maybe that I erased the recovery partition, or also that I upgrated the bios.

Does anybody has this problem and/or know how to use the recovery disks?

Thanks a lot in advance
mrsatan

Goldenita, it sounds like your problem is based on the fact you flashed to a higher bios but it is a slightly different unsupported one then the one on your recovery cd. Thats the problem with having a recovery cd or a OEM windows disc. You can only use the recovery cd with that computer. You either need to flash back or get a new copy of windows.
goldenita

mrsatan,

Thanks for the help, I think that is the problem.

Does anybody have a copy of the 3.11 original bios for a compaq presario sr1710nx?

I tried also to download the 3.13 that is in their website, but it doesn't work either
xler8

Please send 3.14 bios to:

_xler8_ at yahoo period com (Note that underscores are part of my address)

I have a Compaq Presario SR1650NX (Athlon64 3500+) upgraded to 3.13 bios from HP site. Performance is suspiciously slower than my Athlon XP 2800.

I have tried to compare the two machines in MS Process Explorer, but am not easily seeing the culprit. "Interrupts / Hardware Interrupts" may be using more cpu on the Compaq SR1650NX, but it is hard to tell.

Thanks for the all info here, everyone.
mario62

I am also in need of 3.14 BIOS.

Could someone hook me up? I would appreciate it very much!

Thanks,
mario62
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

goldenita wrote:mrsatan,

Thanks for the help, I think that is the problem.

Does anybody have a copy of the 3.11 original bios for a compaq presario sr1710nx?

I tried also to download the 3.13 that is in their website, but it doesn't work either
Tell them you flashed the 3.13 bios and have a problem with THEIR recovery disks so THEY should be able to help you out with either the 3.11 bios or a working set of recovery disks.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
mario62

Edwin, you are the saver!

Thanks so much.

mario62
mrsatan

Thanks Edwin, I'm gonna hit the benchmarks and see how this baby goes. Also it is rather strange that this board recognizes my ram as pc1900 even though they are pc3200 (maybe its cause they are 2 mismatched pairs). I wasn't expecting dual channel but pc1900 seems a bit on the slow side considering I have a Athlon 64 3200 chip in here.
geomeo

Where do I get the file 3.14 and can I load it without windows on my machine?
SarahGee

I'm trying to help a friend get his PC working. SR1650NX with A8AE-LE motherboard. When booting it won't finish the POST. There is an immediate message "Award BootBlock BIOS v1.0 Copyright (c) 2000 Award Software Inc. BIOS ROM checksum error (etc...) INSERT SYSTEM DISK and PRESS ENTER"
No beeps no matter what we do. We've replaced the CMOS battery, cleared the jumper, disconnected anything unnecessary for booting up but we still get the same message.
I found an executable bios update but since nothing works I can't run it. I'm hoping that I can download 3.14 to a CD (there is no floppy drive) along with winflash and get it to boot to that. Will this work? If so, will somebody please send the file?
Thanks,
Sarah
geomeo

That's the same problem I'm having. The exe file is that the one that comes from the hp website that only runs in windows? It looks like hp have a bug in their update that messes up the bios that way. I tried to contact hp but they want me to send my computer back(that's annoying!). I have found an awdflash program but no file to flash the bios yet.