ECS 915P-M3

How-to identify your motherboard ?
Martroe
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have been trying to findout what cpu's this board will support, I have contacted ECS but they tell me because it is an OEM board to "contact the vendor".
The system that this board is installed in is a Philips LS2200 Freeline and has an Intel P4 640 3.2 GHz cpu at present.
Philips site doesn't give any info' and all I can find available is here: http://support.thetechguys.com/layout.a ... 1384ae8eeb}

However, I bought this as a factory refurb and don't have any support plan. What is more annoying is that after registering on their site and asking my question I returned to the site to find they had deleted my login and I had to re-register.
I had just put zero's in the coverplan number to enable me to ask my question, obviously upset someone. Or is this just to force me to use their premium rate line @£1.50 a minute.
If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Martin
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

The LS2300 uses the same board and a 3.4GHz 651 Prescott for starters. I'll see what else I can come up with. I'm not entirely surprised to see thetechguys reacting like this, they're after your money and not much else.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Martroe

Thanks Edwin,
I am still looking and probing but information is hard to get on this board.

Regards
Martin
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

almost nothing. Some people are selling them but no mentioning of a manual or bios, no specification page anywhere. I think the route to go is to check what other systems are using this board and pick the highest rated CPU from that list...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Martroe

Thanks for trying Edwin.
I will post if I manage to get anymore information, I'm not beaten yet and I know others will at some point be searching and going round in the same circles so I want to try and solve this one.

Regardss
Martin