what colour is PCI slots? and PCI-E slots?

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
Dingo
New visitors - please read the rules.

HI im only new to computers,so.....i need some help??, i was just wondering dose anyone know what colour PCI slots are? And PCI-E slots.cos i want a new video card and i dont know if i could use a normal PCI slot? or do i have to have a PCI-E slot?,im running windows vista and it takes up allmost my hole video card! to runthe WDDW-driver.another qestion???,i have an nvida 6200 video card with 256mb of graphics,and vista needs 128mb (min)of graphics.,so what video card do i need with the right mb of graphics to run vista and games as well?? :lol:
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

It's not just your video card that needs more power to run Vista. I think in general you need to replace your entire system when going over to Vista. Anything over 6 months old just is not powerful enough for this memory/CPU/video whatever hog of an OS...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Dingo

:) well the thing is its not that old,it has plenty of power i know that for sure.but this problem haz somthing to do with how much grafic mb you need.im not relly fussed over vistas AERO so im turning it off.bye doing this saves some mb of the video card.but still i think not enough.all i can think of is....i need another video card with plenty of grafic mb.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

OK, if it isn't that old, please provide a complete hardware list so we can see where the problem is.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
KachiWachi
The New Guy

Dingo

all good guys fixed it!!! wooohooooo!!!!! just had to ajust my grafic pixls alittle lower not much but,and the game works fine now.thanx for your help guys.dingo