Version 3.14 for A8AE-LE

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

MemTest86+ runs OK with BIOS or poll memory, but immediate errors with all memory.
The memory sticks you are using are not 100% compatible then I guess...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
compstages
New visitors - please read the rules.

i got a sr1710nx compaq, with a8ae-le and a sempron 3400+

at this time my idle cpu temp was 37c - after unplugging alot of the stuff on the motherboard like a 5in1 memory card reader or something, before i did this it would get up to like 42c

well now i got a amd athlon x2 3800 and a 7600gt

im not happy with my temps

everest - cpu temp 40 c / cpu 1 temp 45c / cpu 2 temp 48c / gpu temp 68c

is there something i can do to lower these temps?
llutxo

edwin
The Hardware Archivist

@compstages: check if you can feel hot air coming from the back of the case. If not, the airflow inside is not like it should be and you may need to mount an extra case fan.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

billkaren3

Wanted to see if needhelp818 could clarify for us forum readers about the successful bios flash from asus site on model A8V-XE.

Did you already have 3.14 or 3.13 installed? Does the a8v-xe allow for overclocking ? Is there a performance increase ? Did you run into any problems?

It would be nice after 2 years of garbage non compaq support to finally finally have a way for us all to remove the virus that compaq uses to disable this really fine and stable asus m/b
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

if you read that posting more closely you see he used just the flash utility from Asus but the 3.14 bios file from HP/Compaq. Which you can get by email from me if you want to.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

Beatlegh

Hey Edwin, Thanks A LOT :D
seasickeel7

can i please have a copy of the 3.14 bios for the A8AE-LE? like alot of other users downloaded the 3.15 and im having trouble with it please help.. thanks
Gentleman Player

Hi, everyone.

I have a HP Pavilion a1330n with an ASUSTek Amberine M. The Bios is version 3.13 If anyone has an updated version of the Bios I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
khando

Could someone please email me the 3.14 BIOS? Also, how does it work with a ATTH64 3800 on the a8ae-le board?

Thanks so much!
OUCHY

Dear Edwin. I also flashed with 315 for the A8AE-LE on a SR1830nx Compaq and now it boots only to the welcome screen. Would you be so kind as to email me the 314 bios . Much appreciated.
malligan

Edwin,

Any way I could get this file, as well? Thanks
m3-driver

Hi, guys. I just discovered this forum, and it looks like the perfect place to find help. I've been reading the forum, but I'm not crystal clear on the right choice for my situation.

I have a Compaq SR1650NX (A8AE-LE motherboard) which I purchased new in Nov 2005. I have performed the following upgrades over the last couple of years with no problems from the original BIOS (rev 3.07).
1. Added a 2nd hard drive (IDE). Still have the original SATA hard drive.
2. Added a GeForce 7600 GT (PCI-E) 256MB Graphics Card
3. Added a Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro Sound Card
4. Upgraded from XP-Media Center to Vista Home Premium

I just picked up an Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (Toledo) Dual Core processor from a guy off of Craigslist. The current processor is an Athlon 64 3500+. Do I need to update the BIOS before installing the new CPU? Is 3.14 the best one for my needs? If so, can someone please send it to me?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Jared

-------------------------------------------------------

4/3/08

I just wanted to post a quick follow up to my original post in case it is helpful to anyone. A big thank you to Edwin for emailing 3.14 to me.

I completed the upgrade last night, and everything went extremely smooth. I am extremely pleased with the cpu upgrade.

I used Winflash to update the bios. I was very pleased that it created a backup of the original bios before performing the update. The update process went very smooth. After the new bios was flashed, I did have to again tell it to disable onboard audio and tell it to use the PCI-E video card.

I ran PCMark05 to benchmark before and after the cpu upgrade. The original score was 2618 and after was 4686. I also ran the cpu benchmark test...2550 before and 4230 after.

The Vista experience (or whatever they call it) score was:
Before: 4.2 cpu 4.7 memory 5.9 aero 5.2 gaming and 5.5 hard drive.
After: 5.0 cpu 5.4 memory 5.9 aero 5.5 gaming and 5.5 hard drive.

I did get the unknown device message after the bios update, but vista apparently found new driver on its own. I also had to reactivate vista after the bios update, but there was not problem with that either.

The most important note is that the computer appears to be significantly faster than before. Thanks again to Edwin and everyone who has posted in this thread for all the help.
Last edited by m3-driver on Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Grumpy_Ol_Man

Could you please email me the 3.14 update. And also....what could cause WinXP Pro to state that, the Standard Dual Channel PCI EDE Controller could not stat because the firmware does not include enough information to configure this device.
OUCHY

Thanks Edwin it fixed my problems. Thanks Very Much!!