ECS K7SOM+ V7.5C

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
lifesignx
New visitors - please read the rules.

Please help me to patch the bios of my ECS K7SOM+ V7.5C mobo to support higher display resolution. Currently I can only display up to 1024x768. Here is the link to the BIOS:
http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Downlo ... 82&LanID=0

Thank you very much! :P
cp
BIOS Guru

already patched a looooooong time ago. read the sticky thread in the VGA section to get the link to our download page!
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
laen

I tried downloading the ECS K7SOM 7.5c updated BIOS from http://www.wimsbios.com/files/vgabiospatched/bios.jsp, but the downloaded zip does not extract. The error message varies depending on the program I use to unzip it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

No problem with unpacking here. Delete the file, download it again and try to unpack. If it still fails clear your browser cache and dwonload it again (it's possible the damaged file is "redownloaded" from the browser cache so still damaged).
laen

Thanks for testing.

I even tried downloading it from a different computer and it didn't work.
Tried it again right now and it extracted fine. I can't imagine what had gone wrong the previous times.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

firefox will simply dump an incomplete file on your disk if the network connection between the original website and the last proxy in the chain is sufficiently bad. I think that's what happened.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...