SiS 6326 AGP Graphics Video BIOS

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
Ascii2
BIOS Rookie

I have been and am trying to find Video BIOS for a SiS 6326 AGP graphics card.

The advertisement at boot from the SiS device is:
SiS 6326 AGP True Color Graphics and Video Accelerator
8M Byte Video Memory, BIOS Version 1.23d
Support VESA BIOS Extension Ver 2.0
Their seems to be many versions of Video BIOS for SiS 6326 AGP of version number greater than 1.23d. The highest version number I have seem so far is 1.28y (here).

I would appreciate assistance in locating a Video BIOS image to flash.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

I have yet to see a 6326 card with a flashable Bios. They almost always have a non-flashable ROM chip.

SIS once offered a small TSR utility to overlay the installed Bios wie TSR in autostart.bat but this should not work with W2K or newer.

Throw the 6326 away and try to get a Matrox G100/200/400, Ati Rage Pro or TNT2 (or newer), they were always better, faster and have better driver support.
Ascii2
BIOS Rookie

Thanks Denniss.

Finding an older graphics card a good price is now difficult. Shipping added cost would make the purchase undesirable.

For now, the SiS 6326 card may be good enough (although leaves much to be desired), if another card can be acquired cheaply, then it may be used.
cp
BIOS Guru

the latest is 1.31 as far as i remember. check the SIS download site, select vga->DOS->6326
the bios is inside the archive. you can burn it to an eprom with a special eprom programmer or program it into a flash (eeprom) and build an adapter for the eprom socket.
i'll check if there's a way to make windows load the bios when it starts up.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
Ascii2
BIOS Rookie

@cp:

At the moment SiS's download section does not seem to be working correctly. I shall check the site later.

I do not want to do any soldering or acquiring of a new EEPROM chip, as such would have a cost greater than the value of what is perceived to be the benefit of the card with new BIOS.

A Windows 2000/XP loading method or DOS flasher is preferred.
Ascii2
BIOS Rookie

cp wrote:...and build an adapter for the eprom socket.
I have acquired a 6326 AGP graphics card different from the card referenced in the initial post to this thread and it has a socket for the EEPROM with the EEPROM chip in socket.
cp
BIOS Guru

the SIS download site works fine for me.
go to their download site, select Windows 98 SE->Other utilities & tools->Other utilities & tools
there are both BIOS and TSR with the latest 1.31e version for the 6326 chip.

but don't expect anything from updating except a new version string..
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.