I need upgrade Asus l3tp video bios

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
jakubdr
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi,
I need help with updating video bios in my ASUS L3Tp notebook with sis 650 chipset to get resolution 1440x900.

Link to current versition I am using: http://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/L3Tp/L3T0209A.zip

Thanks
cp
BIOS Guru

did you read the sticky thread in this section? are you aware that if you flash the patched bios the LCD will not work anymore?
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
jakubdr
New visitors - please read the rules.

Now I know that. I used file 330_249.bin(video bios) and in awdbedit-1.0 replace vga.bin section of my bios file. Result is image only on external vga connector. Is here any way to solve this problem? different video bios file? or patch?

thanks
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

no there is no way to solve this problem yet as the original bios is using a higly customized version of the vga section in order to make their onboard vga and the external connector work properly. if we find out how they merge this stuff and if we can split this into two section before patching and merging afterwards, then we might be able to do so. but for now: not possible.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
cp
BIOS Guru

well, i have at least a rough guess how it's working by reading the SiS opensource linux drivers. but we would need official SiS documents on their video bios layout to be sure. and my bet is that they'll never release them.
so the only solution will be linux or avoiding SiS products if you're going to use windows.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.