sis651 bios update

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
jesmo
New visitors - please read the rules.

thank´s but where is the patched bios download for my graphics sis651 ?
2.28.00 or higher
zondajag

I found the bios file but installer.exe thats in the zip doesn't work. It seems the resources of the official bios update installer sfx cab file were dumped and modified but not placed in a working sfx cab file. I tried the Winflash appication in the zip file but it had no .bin to update the bios from, only download. Do you update using the winflash.exe and the .rom file somehow?
cp
BIOS Guru

the 306.rom file is what you're looking for. just rename it to anything the flash.exe requests (.bin .hex .whatever) and flash it.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
zondajag

cp wrote:the 306.rom file is what you're looking for. just rename it to anything the flash.exe requests (.bin .hex .whatever) and flash it.

that did the trick! Wow it changed the bios screen to hp. Much better than that ugly hp one :D

Only problem now though is i cant get 1920x1080 there is only 1920x1200 and 1920x1440. Can you unlock these in the bios file or is this driver related?
cp
BIOS Guru

it's driver related. the SiS Windows driver is quite crappy. you could however write to SiS and complain about their driver, buy an addon vga card (NOT a SiS though) or change to Linux which supports virtually any resolution with its 3rd party driver.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
zondajag

Ok thats some good advise. It was just a temporary pc so I have since started using a new one. I just hoped to use the motherboard for a mini htpc, but i guess that requires a dedicated graphics card. Thanks for your help!
cp
BIOS Guru

use Linux. there are a bunch of media centers based on Linux out there. most of them are using automagic hardware detection and driver installation..just like some OS from redmond.