I Need Update VBIOS for SIS 650 in Asus Notebook

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
park7869
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi.

I am using Asus notebook computer (L4000H).
My LCD screen has got brocken and I am using external LCD moniter instead of original screen. My external LCD is 19inch widescreen but can not show 1440x900 resolution.

PROBLEMS IS
I can not update Video Bios. (current version is 1.15 and I need it to be 2.28 or later according to http://www.sis.com/support/support_faqs_4.htm)

ASUS BIOS update does not support this update.
The direct link for BIOS is
http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/L40 ... 0203AS.zip

Is there anyone can help with this matter?

I want to use widescreen~~~~~!! not scratched screen...--;
cp
BIOS Guru

as you seem to know that with a video bios doing widescreen you won't be able to use the LCD i'll patch the bios for you and send it via email.
and since the LCD is broken anyway...
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
dyspepsia

hi,

i'm having the same problem.
I'm using a Asus L3000D notebook and i'm trying to get my resolution up to 1680x1050 (the preference of my external samsung 223bw monitor)

can someone please help

greetz
dyspepsia
Surda

I have the same asus modell (L4000H) and the same problem.
I decided to make the video bios change in L4H0203AS.ROM file so I downloaded the L4H0203AS.zip file, the latest 315_230.bin video bios and the cbrom215.exe. I followed CP's intructions but after cbrom215.exe L4H0203AS.ROM /D the program showed only 3 sections in bios and no VGA ROM section at all. I ignored this problem and tried the next step:cbrom215.exe L4H0203AS.ROM /vga extract, but same problem. Finally I tried to add the new vgabios file to the main bios: cbrom215.exe L4H0203AS.ROM /vga 315_230.bin, but error message again: there is no enough space in rom... or something like this. Then I downloaded the first official release of the original bios of this notebook (ver100), but exactly the same story. How the hell can I change that damned vgabios?
cp
BIOS Guru

are you aware that the main LCD will be rendered useless if a new video bios is patched in? if so i'll send a patched version to your emai adress soon.
Surda

Dear cp! Yes I know the main LCD wont work with patched bios. I tell you how I want to use this device. You know this is a pretty old notebook, so I use it rather rarely (max. once a month). That's why I want to connect it to my Sony LCD tv at home and use for easy internet browsing an so on. When it is hooked up, main LCD should not work so new bios case does not matter. But max once a month I want to use this laptop for presentation at my office with its own LCD screen. My questions: can I change the two different bios vica-versa in a monthly basis? Does the monthly Bios change hurt my bios eeprom in longer period of time? I used asus official winflash program to update my bios till now.
You are really kind to help everyone in trouble, I appreciate it very much!
cp
BIOS Guru

can I change the two different bios vica-versa in a monthly basis?
yes, you can. i won't comment on the sense of doing so...
Does the monthly Bios change hurt my bios eeprom in longer period of time?
yes, it will. those flashes are rated a lifetime ~100000 of flashes. so your flash would probably fail in ~8333 years if you flash once a month. live long and prosper ;)
naoki

Hi cp ,I also have a same problem with asus L4000H. can you send me a patch bios file?
ASUS BIOS update does not support this update.
The direct link for BIOS is
http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/L40 ... 0203AS.zip
thank in advance
cp
BIOS Guru

patched and available on our download site. check the sticky thread in this section for more information. just to make sure you understood: after flashing the bios the main LCD will stay black. only the external vga connector will output a valid signal.
please report back with the results. thanks.
naoki

Hi cp, thank you for your answer.

I update a new patch from download page but my computer still has limit to 1280X1024? What should I do to get widescreen(I use LCD TV(1980X1080))?

Regards;
cp
BIOS Guru

1920x1080 isn't possible with SiS' Windows drivers. the updated BIOS just allows 1440x900 (1680x1050 should work but there are some reports that it doesn't). buy a pci/agp/pcie vga card or switch over to Linux with its 3rd party driver that allows you to set virtually any resolution you can imagine.