20 GB: i430-877-2A59GV79

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
algra
New visitors - please read the rules.

I am in need of a BIOS update but cannot find it. The list on the website says that the manufacturer is either Artek or PCDC. I can't find their websites, maybe their dead or something. But anyway, can anyone help me out on this one?
Intel Chipset, Award BIOS...... Model 0527.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Please post your complete Bios-ID not only parts of it !!
Is there any message just below the Award Logo ?
algra

The complete BIOS-ID is: i430VX-788-2A59GV79C-00. And I don't know of any specific messages below the Award logo. Can you give me an example?
algra

Oh and the date is 29/11/1996!
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

algra wrote:I am in need of a BIOS update but cannot find it. The list on the website says that the manufacturer is either Artek or PCDC. I can't find their websites, maybe their dead or something. But anyway, can anyone help me out on this one?
Intel Chipset, Award BIOS...... Model 0527.
Strangely, the main Wim's site lists manufacturer ID V7 as being YKM (Dayton Micro) -"yet another PC-Chips clone distributed by Dayton Micro". If that's true it may be worth looking at the PC-Chips Lottery website, http://www.stud.fernuni-hagen.de/q3998142/pcchips/ starting at "Start here if you do not know which board you own".
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Please have a look onto your mainboard near the keyboard connector : Is there a rivision number printed onto it ?