Do I have all the info I need?

How-to identify your motherboard ?
lemur
New visitors - please read the rules.

Trying to find all of the information I need to flash... If some numbers seem off, I'm assuming it's because of the virus that reset my BIOS...

AMIBIOS 1.2
02/07/2001 62-0906-000000-00101111-071595-V694V686
VIA 694X Apollo Pro 133A chipset

Anything else I need to know? other then the motherboard manufacturer?

(please be kind if the obvious is in front of me, I've been working on fixing my system for 16 straight hours now)
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Scan/photo uploaded to webpage somewhere and a link to that would be handy as this string is used on several boards and only the markings on the top surface + layout will make the difference IE identify which board it is.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
zonxar
Master Flasher

A shot in the dark would be an MSI-6309 motherboard. Have a look at the image in the following link to see if it resembles your motherboard. If you look between the last two PCI slots on your board you can confirm whether it is the MS6309 or not.
http://iceberg.pchomeworld.com/cgi-win/ ... rt=MB66035 :) :) :)
lemur
New visitors - please read the rules.

Yes, it does appear to be exactly like the picture...

Now, if I may... what BIOS do I find, one for my specific chipset, or motherboard?
zonxar
Master Flasher

At the MSI site there are 5 versions of this motherboard listed and of course, it is critical you choose the correct BIOS for your motherboard! If your motherboard is the same as the picture in the previous post, it is likely the MS-6309 Lite (MS-6309 V2.0) or the MS-6309 V2.X (both have the 1 ISA slot). You will have to study the information available for each version at the following link to determine which is your board:
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/ ... E=Archives

The other complication is that if this motherboard is in an OEM machine (like Packard Bell, Dell, Gateway, etc.) they often customize the BIOS for their needs and the BIOS available at the MSI site will not likely work on your board, so use caution and be sure what you have. Some of the OEM's have BIOS upgrades on their sites.
zonxar
Master Flasher

Also, the MS-6309 (plain jane) has an ISA slot in the picture, but not mentioned in the specifications (MS-6309 V2.0 does not mention the ISA slot in the specs either). Usually, the version number is printed after the model number on the motherboard, eg. MS-6309 V2.0.