10/20/1998 i440bx w977tf 2a69kl1ac 00 & keyboard lights

APM/ACPI BIOS questions
lamurt
New visitors - please read the rules.

hi all :)

i have this mobo and i know that it's made is Lucky Star but i don't know anything else about this board nor i do have a manual of some sort....

anyway my problem is; have an ms optic mouse and a generic keyboard both plugged tru ps2 port. however when i power of my pc (tried with both w98 and xp) they wont turn off their leds! i have to unplug the pc from the electricity outlet. i think this is something related to the acpi function so i decided posting it in here, sorry if it was the wrong forum- not intended to!

thanx in any advance and i hope to find an updated bios to my mobo also...

take care. :)
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Look for the BIOS OEM Message ( Top left under the Award logo on the memory count screen). This will say something like "#9KA6". What does it say ?
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
lamurt

hi NickS :)

here's what it says:

#AD3-11

happy new years btw...
soupy
Absentee administrator

If you have your mothebroard set to enable power-on using keyboard, your LEDs will not shut off. Check your manual for a jumper or BIOS setting that indicates this feature is turned on.
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
lamurt

hi soupy, bad luck that i don't have a manual... furthermore, last nite i pulled out the pc and removed the case off to search for jumpers, dips etc. to no avail. this thing has a couple of jumpers- one of those almost jumperless mobos i guess. :roll:

also in the bios settings there is an option like u described but it can not be disabled, all i could do was to set wake up to different sources, like right mouse button, hotkey etc...

i guess i've to live with this or go and get one of those multi plugs which has it's very own on/off switch. it'll be alot more easier press a button then to dive and unplug the cable.

thank alot anyway..
soupy
Absentee administrator

Why worry about it? My optical mouse never shuts off, either. Think of it as a night-light. :wink:
lamurt

agreed! looks exteremly cool @ dark. but i feel like consuming it's lifespan, these things are not cheap where i live...
soupy
Absentee administrator

<shrug>

AFAIK, MS has lifetime warranty on their optical mice. And you get a free upgrade to version 3.0 if you have one of the older versions.
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

lamurt wrote:also in the bios settings there is an option like u described but it can not be disabled, all i could do was to set wake up to different sources, like right mouse button, hotkey etc...
Check under "integrated peripherals".
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
lamurt

nothing in there also.

besides i gave up! if it doesn't wanna turn off itself then fine with me...