ACPI Stop Error//MB Chaintech VNF4/Ultra NFORCE4/ULTR

APM/ACPI BIOS questions
Titus
New visitors - please read the rules.

Computer will allow Bios setting and saving, when I drop the XP disc in to format/install on the old HDD, i got the stop error once, now all i get is a flash of a blue screen and a reboot. Will not boot in any method of safemode etc... no floppy installed, gonna do that later with a test bios that tech support gave me. Anyone else having issues with Chaintech Ultra nf4 board? Will post with any news on the test bios, kinda stuck otherwise. Dont have the specs on the boards bios with me either. Just looking for an idea.
thanks
Ciderax

I have the exact same problem chaintech said to buy new memory which diddn;t help
Titus

bios flashed to 7/19
3200 venice (AMD)
XfX 6800gt
WD 80g
X-Fi sound

I flashed the bios (finally got an image that worked) managed to install windows, did the routine motherboard disc, all was fine and dandy. Did the video card disc, did a reboot, all was dandy. Shut the system down to hook up the speakers and now the damn thing is stuck on that bsod loop about the ACPI non compliant crap. Is this board just crap or am i just missing something?
Ciderax

I figured out the problem... but now we have to wait for a new bios update... >;/

Nforce4 and X-Fi have a problem with eachother which can be resolved with a new bios...

once I read that I unplugged my x-fi and beleive it or not it worked!

http://www.nforcershq.com/article4541.html <--- tells all about it

Please email support and request for a bios update the more people that do so, the more time they may put into it. I guess it's onboard sound for now T.T