Device Latency Too High in Bios setting???????

APM/ACPI BIOS questions
bently
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello,

I am new to this board and very new to the term "bios." I ran a diagnostic on my computer with the software below, and noted this problem. Could anyone explain to me how this is done? I do not know the first step in getting to the bios, and want to confirm that this indeed makes sense to do. I am using a 450 mgh Pent. lll, with
system bios Intel Corp. 4W4SB0X0.15A.0013.P08
Thanks in advance.

This is under the heading in my diagnostics test as:
PCI, AGP, Cardbus Bus(es) Inform...
Warning 1206 - Device latency is high - the higher the latency, the more data a device can transfer in one go. The device may be hogging the bus for too long. Some video card drivers set the latency high in order to perform faster. The problem is that other devices (especially sound cards, network) won’t have enough time to transfer their data resulting in lower performance (e.g. sound drop outs, lockup). Generally, all devices should have latency of 32, with high performance devices (e.g. video card, disk, giga-LAN) with 64 and AGP to 128.

Fix: Go to BIOS Setup\Settings\PCI & AGP Devices and reduce PCI latency to 64 or 32. Contact the mainboard manufacturer or video card manufacturer for more details.

SiSoftware Sandra Help File

I would just like to add that it also noted that my Bios is in need of being flashed, with the
Warning W214 - The BIOS can be updated (flashed) but is surface mounted. If the update goes wrong you may not be able to get a new chip to replace the old BIOS. This does not mean that you cannot recover from an unsuccessful flash but it removes an option. (Intel main boards and those using AWARD BIOS have a recovery option)
Fix: You cannot fix this - but keep it in mind when your buy your next main board.
SiSoftware Sandra Help File
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

It's Intel WS440BX OEM board sold by Gateway. Ignore Sandra - it's stupid progam. Ignore the second thing too - Intel boards have recovery jumper.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere