Power Switch wiring and Battery

APM/ACPI BIOS questions
lonktwond
BIOS Newbie

The board is a MicroEquipmentCorporation ABIT PH50705C v1.4 with SU110/SSS CPU and SIS 5511/12/13 and VIA VT82C42N chips and two sticks of double sided NJS memory .
Baby Form approx. 276mm x 226mm
So far I've got the power light to come on and the keyboard LED's to light up .

I've found the Manual Bios and some jumper settings but not all the information about the Motherboard yet .
I moved the connectors from the rear of the Power switch and didn't put them back correctly so blew a fuse on the house circuitboard .
I know the computer switch is not wired correctly .
There are 4 wires , a blue , green , white and a black .
Can someone tell me which power switch pins I should connect each coloured wire to please .
The position of the pins on the rear of the power switch are : 2 pins nearest the rear of the face plate square from the rear of the switch and two pins further from the first two pins which are set at angles .
:?: And I going to come back to ask more questions later .

Would the CR2032 battery be the correct battery to put in this motherboard ?
I have only seen one reference to this battery but it was not for this particular board it was for a similar board .

the switch is on a PH5 board , but no manual I have seen indicates any of the switch wiring , most manuals wouldn't .
Last edited by lonktwond on Wed May 25, 2005 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
MEC Abit PH50705C v1.4
Bios 12/27/95 2A51DA1EC-9B
SiS-5511B/5512/5513
Intel BP8050200 CPU
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

Are you sure about the wire colors at the power switch? Usually, they're black, brown, blue and white. There's also 5th wire sometimes - green/yellow which is connected to the metal chassis. The switch must be connected in such way that it connects black wire with brown and blue with white when it's switched on.
Looking at one PSU here, the switch is connected this way:

Code: Select all

black / \ white
brown | | blue
Almost all boards use CR2032 battery.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere