Search found 6 matches

by ppgrainbow
Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:49 am
Forum: My motherboard is dead
Topic: Gigabyte GA-8SR533P motherboard dead...
Replies: 10
Views: 7236

Problem solved: bad BIOS ROM chip, defective memory.

I would like to make a final update that the BIOS chip on the motherboard was corrupt. Also, the Apacer 512 MB memory module was defective from the get go and technicians refused to fix it more than three years ago. The PC3200 400MHz memory chip was located in Slot 0 and Memtest86 reported errors wh...
by ppgrainbow
Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Gigabyte GA-8SR533P motherboard dead...

Please do not try to flash your Bios if the system is unstable or a memory module is suspected to be faulty. Even if you get a flashprog working it may be interrupted while flashing, killing the Bios. Please try either known working memory modules or try each of the new ones individually. That soun...
by ppgrainbow
Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:31 pm

Mixed RAM shouldn't cause any major trouble (except maybe the loss of dual channel), however that doesn't mean that one of the sticks isn't bad. Power up the computer with one stick at a time, and try flashing the BIOS on each. With a bit of luck, it'll get going. I never even attempted to flashed ...
by ppgrainbow
Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:16 pm

This kind of error is often cause by damaged RAM. Please test your system with only one module of RAM installed, you may need to test every single module. Another option would be a damaged RAM slot. Could also be caused by a damaged CPU or motherboard but RAM causes it more often. I knew it. One of...
by ppgrainbow
Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:40 pm

Gigabyte GA-8SR533P motherboard dead...

When I turned on my desktop PC this morning, I got this error message: Award BootBlock BIOS v1.0 Copyright (c) 2000 Award Software, Inc. BIOS ROM checksum error Detecting floppy drive A media... INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER Upon inserting the bootable floppy, I then got this message: Drive A i...