Search found 5 matches

by pzycho
Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:37 pm
Forum: In-depth High-tech BIOS section
Topic: Where's my CPUCODE.BIN?
Replies: 1
Views: 3729

Where's my CPUCODE.BIN?

Hi @ all! As far as I know all the microcodes are in a BIOS module called CPUCODE.BIN and up until the last version of my mobo BIOS I was able to extract this module an replace some microcodes with newer versions from other BIOSes. But with the latest BIOS version this module is gone... :? ctmc.exe ...
by pzycho
Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:30 pm
Topic: Advanced AWARD BIOS Modding Tools
Replies: 9
Views: 13741

Don't know if it works this way for all Pentiums, but for the P4 and my board is was no problem.
by pzycho
Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:57 pm
Topic: Advanced AWARD BIOS Modding Tools
Replies: 9
Views: 13741

The microcode update is really simple... I tried it some times with my Shuttle SS51G... 1. "cbrom.exe bios.bin /cpucode extract" Extract cpucode.bin to your harddrive. 2. "ctmc.exe cpucode.bin /store" Extract the microcode files from cpucode.bin. name of the microcode files: xxxxyyzz.bin xxxx - CPU ...
by pzycho
Sat May 10, 2003 4:39 pm
Forum: Other BIOS update issues.
Topic: Microcode update on Award/Phoenix v6.0
Replies: 0
Views: 3892

Microcode update on Award/Phoenix v6.0

Hi guys! I just updated the BIOS of my Shuttle SS51G with some new microcode updates from another BIOS. I used cbrom to extract the cpucode.bin und then used ctmc to split it into the 2kb microcode files. Then I copied the newer microcode files with "copy /b *.bin cpucode.bin" back to the cpucode.bi...