Big Problem

Is your memory not fully recognized? (Intel VX chipset Memory recognition)
ramdude
New visitors - please read the rules.

Now here's the deal. Recently i bougth a new 256mb ram. The speed of my old ram vas 266 and the speed of the new is 400. I put both to my computer, but computer didn't work but just kept restarting. I know my comp suports speed400 and i even tried putting them to difrent slots, but it didn't help. Now here's what i need. I need to put the 400speed ram working with my 266speed ram. :roll:
Now i'm kinda new to this computer thing so make it simple plz.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Try to use only the PC-400/PC-3200 RAM
Make sure you set your Bios to manually configure the RAM at 133MHz - it may be possible your Bios mistakenly tries to run your new memory at it's specified 200MHz and this dies not work .
Please specify the motherboard and Biosversion you are using
ramdude
New visitors - please read the rules.

When i put only the 400speed ram in and it worked perfectly. Ialso tried setting it to manual and working both together but nothing. It just showne a blue screen for a sec and restarted. Now how do i find out my motherboard and BIOSversion?
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

To find out how to identify your mainboard and thus which BIOS is applicable, have a look at the posting guidelines under the What is My Motherboard forum.

You may also be able to find some of the information requested, such as the ID string, on your BIOS POST (boot) screen. The physical board itself may have an actual model number, manufacturer and revision number printed on it.

I suspect a BIOS upgrade may not help you in your problem to run both chips together. It may be more of a compatibility issue between the two modules and the board when all used together, especially if each module runs OK with the board on it's own. But perhaps still worth a try - but understand that there is some risk involved with flash updating the BIOS.