Hey! Pros! Help! A freaking PC100 issue!

Is your memory not fully recognized? (Intel VX chipset Memory recognition)
ComradeGabriel
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi everyone. I'm stuck with an really annoying issue. I installed a second SDRAM PC100 module with 64MB on an Abit BH6 board. A module with similar spec is already installed, so i'm expecting a total of 128MB in BIOS to be initialized but only 64MB remains. However, when i check with EVEREST, both modules are there. The only difference i noticed was that a module, identified with BIOS, does not support early RAS# precharge and that unidentified one supports it. What i know for sure is that modules are non-ECC and that they generally shouldn't have any mutual conflicts, not considering early RAS# precharge. MOBO chipset is BX440. And just one more. Does BX440 supports AGP in 4X mode or is there a way to tweak it to. Just a yes or no, no need for an explanation. Thank's a bunch.
cp
BIOS Guru

agp4x: no.

do both modules work when plugged in alone? maybe one is faulty? tried to change the order? tried to change the dimm slot?
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
ComradeGabriel

Let's see. The module that was already in works fine. I tried the other one standalone, and the system could not boot. OK maybe is faulty in some way, but why it is there in EVEREST or CPU-Z? I don't get it. Oh yeah, i tried all slot combinations.
cp
BIOS Guru

those tools only display the contents of the SPD which is a small eeprom on the module. it doesn't say anything about the status of the module. you could even plug in a module without any ram chips and only the SPD and see those tools displaying its contents.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

that module is faulty indeed, if your machine does not start it is gone, kaputt whatever. that SPD thingy is just a label, the contents are past the best before date...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
ComradeGabriel

Ok, so no need for further experimenting. Thank's for your time and a "no" to AGP 4x on BX440. Peace!