M573 memory problems

Is your memory not fully recognized? (Intel VX chipset Memory recognition)
xentric
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi all, My problem is similar to the postee of this message :) I have a PCChips motherboard mobo M573, I have flashed this board with the 0430s.bin BIOS update.

I have been getting errors in the windows platform (Win ME) VMM (01) + 00009A04 ERROR:0D :0028 C000AA04, Now this particular error msg may be irrelevant to my problem, I put 2 64 mb SDRAM chips in and only recognizes one.

If anyone knows what this problem is I'll be a happy guy :D . Also not being greedy here, anyone know of most of the Windows ME error msgs??

If there is anymore info they need for this problem I'll try to help as this PC was given to me. :?

Oops before I forget the RAM chips are PC100 and I know this machine can take SDRAM, by way of the boot up screen, I have 2 SDRAM slots and 4 EDO slots, I think thats right.
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

I have a feeling it's faulty RAM you've got.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Please retest with only one memory stick installed - maybe one of them is faulty
xentric
New visitors - please read the rules.

Yes guys you were right I found one of the sticks to be faulty and replaced it...... :lol: I now have 128 mb and is working fine so far.....

Thanx once again :)