Memory problems. I think.

Is your memory not fully recognized? (Intel VX chipset Memory recognition)
Drey
New visitors - please read the rules.

My computer was working fine, then all of a sudden last week it messed up. I didnt do anything different to it. I turn it on, it starts loading than it just restarts itself. I restarted it a couple times untill it finally loaded all the way. Next day same thing happend. I decided to take a memory stick out or whatever its called and than the pc worked fine. I put that stick back in and i took a different one out and the pc still worked fine. I put all three sticks back in together and the pc got messed up again. I used it for about a week with just 2 memory sticks until it started messing up again. This time it said that it couldnt load because there was some .sys file missing. It said to boot with windows disc to repair it and when I did it said sumthing about checksum error.Than I switched around the memory sticks but still only kept 2 in. Than everything started working untill it started to load cause it just restarted it self and it kept doing that over and over again. Now im using only one stick 256mb and of course its really slow.

Whats the problem?
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

I would be tempted to test the memory thoroughly by getting a completely new set of memory sticks and replacing all memory that is in there. The downside to this of-course is that there is some expense involved and this may not solve the problem.
KachiWachi
The New Guy

Make sure the thing is clean (no dust, etc...), reinstall the modules, and run MemTest86 or MemTest86+ on the system.

http://www.memtest86.com/

http://www.memtest.org/
Drey
New visitors - please read the rules.

well I found and took out the bad memory stick and put in a new one and it did the trick. So far.
And my pc is really dusty so i just bought an air duster.

Thanx!
KachiWachi
The New Guy

Cool. :D