Pls correct memory settings for S3+ modules PC3200/DDR400...

Is your memory not fully recognized? (Intel VX chipset Memory recognition)
U2foreverU2
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have 4 modules PC3200/DDR400 (512 MB). First I had 2 of them. Now I have some instability problems with my Mobo Asus A8V Deluxe (with Athlon 64 3500+). For example fm cold boot (in the morning for example) my system doesn't want to boot. Only with reset button (once or twice pushed) it boots but often I get the message "System Failed Due To CPU overclocking". Even if I have never overclocked my PC !! I have already tried most of the things. Also tried to change some little things in the BIOS settings, but until now without result. So I thought maybe I have to check if in the bios the memory settings (timings) for my PC3200/DDR400 (512 MB..manufacturer S3+) are correct.
But to do that I would like to know fm some "expert" on this forum the right memory settings (Cas Latency, Ras to Ras delay, Ras Precharge, Cycle time (tras), Bank Cycle Time (trc) and Dram Idle Timer. And I would also like to know if Command Rate has to be set on 2T or 1T.

Somewhere else somebody wrote:
2.5-4-4-8, Bank Cycle Time 8, DRAM Idle Timer16 and Command Rate 1T.
Mines are now in Bios:
2.5-3-3-8, Bank Cycle Time 11,DRAM Idle Timer16 and Command Rate 1T
(checked with program CPU-Z).

Are things like Burst Lenght 4 beats (or 8 beats), Bank Interleaving Enabled/Disabled, Memlock to CPU ratio important (Auto or Manual) etc.

And if I maybe also have to check and correct some other settings to make it more stable (like voltages for CPU, AGP & DDR for example). It has to be clear that (at least for now !)......I don't want any Overclocking settings. Just some sort of "default" settings to make a good start for having my PC back the way I want !

Hoping somebody have some suggestions for me.....
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (Venice) - Socket 939 - 2 x 1024 MB TWINMOS PC3200 (CL3) DDR-DIMM - Motherboard Asus A8V Deluxe - Video Card Saphire Radeon 9250
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Leave memory timings at Auto-detect but set Command Rate to 2T, 2T is often needed with 4x 512MB sticks.
If there are still some problems try to raise VDIMM a little bit (memory voltage) and/or VCore (CPU voltage).
U2foreverU2
New visitors - please read the rules.

Denniss wrote:Leave memory timings at Auto-detect but set Command Rate to 2T, 2T is often needed with 4x 512MB sticks.
If there are still some problems try to raise VDIMM a little bit (memory voltage) and/or VCore (CPU voltage).
I still have the same problems. Are you sure my timings settings for RAM are OK ?
I have an AThlon 64 3500+ (ca. 2.2 Ghz) Revision DH-E3. Processor Core: Venice (socket 939). 4 x 512 MB DDR-SDRAM (manufacturer : S3+) PC3200. Video Card : RADEON 9250 (RV280)
Mobo Asus A8V Deluxe. Bios (latest) Update version 1017.002 (14/11/05).

Settings: 2.5-3-3-8

I also tried to upper my voltage a little but almost every time I get the "System Failed to CPU overclocking" message. And most of the times before I get the message my system is not booting up. CPU and PSU fans are spinning, my DVD drive is littning a little (green ligt inside) and then it hangs !
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (Venice) - Socket 939 - 2 x 1024 MB TWINMOS PC3200 (CL3) DDR-DIMM - Motherboard Asus A8V Deluxe - Video Card Saphire Radeon 9250