Search found 10 matches

by Rapporman
Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:04 pm
Forum: My motherboard is dead
Topic: No POST on Start up
Replies: 8
Views: 7207

Thanks for responding Rascard but I eventually took my PC to our local repair engineer and he came to the conclusion the mobo had a fault in it. When I got it back, I heard something drop inside the case and when I opened it up, a small screw fell from behind the motherboard. When I booted up, the P...
by Rapporman
Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:36 pm

Many thanks KachiWachi. I only wish I could do as you suggested but as you can see from my original post, my BIOS is not operating, so I am unable to get to the POSTscreen and can't get into the BIOS to 'Boot from CD ' Anyway it has occured to me that when I changed the BIOS battery there was a peri...
by Rapporman
Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:34 pm

No POST on Start up

I have been having many crash problems with my PC (OS XP) over the past year and have reinstalled XP many times including hundreds of restarts and I am wondering if it possible to wear out or damage a BIOS as a result because my PC is now dead. However, before this happened I tried to do yet another...
by Rapporman
Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:16 pm
Forum: Other BIOS update issues.
Topic: BIOS Failure
Replies: 3
Views: 3546

BIOS Failure

Hi CP. I am relieved to say I have managed to get the PC going again without updating the BIOS. I dont really understand how it happened but I took a chance and tried getting into BIOS setup via Del and it worked. I set it to load from cd rom and carried out an XP repair which somehow seems to have ...
by Rapporman
Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:33 am

BIOS failure

Many thanks for your reply CP. Please bear with me as I need a bit of time to take in the contents of the link you supplied but I will get back to you when I have done so, so please do not go away !
by Rapporman
Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:28 pm

BIOS Failure

Hi everyone. My daughter has been having numerous problems with her PC on start up with mouse and screen crashes etc and we noticed the date kept reverting to 2002. Then the PC finally crashed and would not start, so we changed the battery and the PC immediately got going again. However, this time t...
by Rapporman
Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:36 pm
Topic: BIOS Update Facility
Replies: 4
Views: 3596

Many thanks for your help.
by Rapporman
Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:51 pm

BIOS Update Facility

Thanks AJZCHIPS. So just to clarify this, am I to assume that without that Utility I would not be able to update the BIOS at all or is that utility just a means of making an update possible. ? Any more advice would be appreciated.
:)
by Rapporman
Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:44 pm

BIOS Update Facility

Hi. I have a PcChips 810LR mobo with an American Megatrends Award Bios and the Mobo's support software CD includes a BIOS UPDATE UTILITY which allows me to update the BIOS file on the mainboard. Does this utility cum driver mean that I can install an updated bios from the PCChips website straight to...