Search found 7 matches

by reno
Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:30 pm
Forum: BIOS Utilities & Flash Programs
Topic: Flash will not verify
Replies: 7
Views: 5822

Is this the issue

While going through the rainbow site I came accross updates for version 1.39, which include, taken from the page
'added support for Asus flash interface! (-ASUS parameter) - with this, it should be possible to flash all newer Asus boards'
Should I be using -asus when loading uniflash?
by reno
Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:37 pm

I know someone who owns the same motherboard. I am hoping to copy his bios from his chip and try to flash this. As I posted this all started when I downloaded a bios from Asus. I have the motherboard install disk, unfortuantely it does not have the bios file on it.
Will post any results I get.
by reno
Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:24 pm

More testing

Well still no luck so I thought I would do some testing. I can save an image from the chip I am trying to flash and I can save an image from my original chip and flash it to my new chip without problems. Still I cannot flash the bios file downloaded from Asus, I continually get verify failed. I down...
by reno
Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:06 am

Any other thoughts

I tried again, both bios chips. I got the same result the flash will not verify on either chip. What I did, to make sure everything was correct. 1) Turned off comp, unplugged and loosen bios chip 2) booted comp with boot diskette (uniflash on it) 3) once booted up removed original bios chip 4) repac...
by reno
Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:21 am

I checked

caps ae fine, will try opening flash jumper

thanks
by reno
Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:57 am

Flash will not verify

Any advice I have a bios chip from an ASUS P4T533-C which is in the uniflash list of tested chips. I am trying to flash using an iWill MB P4GB the chipset also in the uniflash list of tested chipsets. When I flash the chip I get the message verify failed. This happened on my original chip and anothe...