Search found 5 matches

by rgruss
Mon Jul 08, 2002 6:44 am
Forum: Other BIOS update issues.
Topic: Looking for BIOS Upgrade for GCT-8IV
Replies: 8
Views: 4084

Here's an update on the BIOS situation: I flashed the computer with the new BIOS, and the setup showed all 10GBs of space. Unfortunately, I didn't look before I leaped, and I removed the EZ-BIOS loader. This corrupted the harddrive's boot record. Rather than even try 'fdisk /mbr', I didn't use my he...
by rgruss
Sun Jul 07, 2002 7:56 pm

Thank you for posting the BIOS link. My network card is a 3C905B-TX PCI, and the error Device Manager gives is that it is disabled because the BIOS did not give it an IRQ, and that I must re-enable the card in hardware. However, after a hard restart (with reset button, not CTRL+ALT+DEL) the card com...
by rgruss
Sun Jul 07, 2002 9:07 am

The main thing I want to fix is the problem with harddrives bigger than 8.4gb. Right now I have ez-bios on the computer but it is rather clunky in dealing with booting off of floppy disks and has no support for boot from cd-rom. Secondly, the computer is having a hissy fit with the 3com network card...
by rgruss
Sun Jul 07, 2002 1:19 am

Looking for BIOS Upgrade for GCT-8IV

I am looking for a BIOS upgrade for my Global Circuit Technology GCT-8IV, but unfortunately their website has gone AWOL. The identifier is 04/02/97-i430VX-SMC669-2A59GG98C-00. Thanks for any help.

Ryan