Search found 6 matches

by rojmiller
Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:28 am
Forum: In-depth High-tech BIOS section
Topic: Viewing Bios Files
Replies: 1
Views: 2617

Viewing Bios Files

I have been looking at flahing a bios from a different, but similar motherboard to my own (see the "Flash Bios from a Similar Motherboard" thread). It was pointed out that a jumper controlled the bus speed in my bios - jumper set one way, only bus speeds from 100-130 show up, set another way, bus sp...
by rojmiller
Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:45 pm
Topic: Flash Bios from a Similar Motherboard?
Replies: 10
Views: 4855

Maybe I can generalize my question a little more. In any case when someone is looking to use another bios for a motherboard, what are the things to look for to increase the chances of success. Is a bios from the same manufacturer critical? Is the chipset critical? What is the bios initializing? I th...
by rojmiller
Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:53 pm

How can it be hardwired to 100MHz? As I mentioned, I can go into my current bios and change it to 130MHz (32.5MHz PCI bus) right now. No big deal to hardwire it to 133MHz, if the new bios supports it (which is still the question....). I'll just clip the wire near the 100MHz connection, flip it over,...
by rojmiller
Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:01 pm

Nope, there are several reviews on the web for that chipset that says it runs fine up to 143MHz. The reviews say that the chipset preceeded the KT133A, and was less expensive, and was not "officially" certified at 133. They suggest that there was an agreement with VIA not to officialy run it at 133....
by rojmiller
Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:23 pm

Flash Bios from a Similar Motherboard?

I would like to know whether it is safe to flash my bios from a similar motherboard from the same manufacturer. The situation is as follows: My board is a Chaintech 7aja2E, which has the KT133E chipset. There does not seem to be much info on this chipset on the web, but what I've found indicates tha...