Search found 9 matches

by sleepyturtle1
Fri May 30, 2003 12:13 am
Forum: Video (VGA) and other BIOS/Firmware
Topic: Sound card lost after Flashing BIOS
Replies: 20
Views: 11544

I guess this above everyone's head. Thanks for the help guys.
by sleepyturtle1
Thu May 22, 2003 8:25 pm

KachiWachi : I've set that setting (On Board Sound) in the BIOS to both enable and disable. It makes no difference. The Yamaha sound card was on the machine when it was purchased new (by me). With the exception of a new floppy drive, a CD burner and a new Hard Drive, it's the same system. I cannot ...
by sleepyturtle1
Thu May 22, 2003 5:16 pm

Denniss: 6ESA2. Does the 2 at the end matter?
by sleepyturtle1
Thu May 22, 2003 9:30 am

Denniss: If i remember correctly I got the BIOS by using the following Award BIOS string: i440EX-8671-2A69JC39C-00. As to exact model, I have no idea. As to drivers, I didn't know a motherboard had drivers. I thought that was what the BIOS was for. What I know about BIOS could fill a thimble, I swea...
by sleepyturtle1
Wed May 21, 2003 2:27 am

Rainbow: It's a Chaintech motherboard. KachiWachi: The old HD is toast. It makes these very troubling noises (bzzt-bzzt)and it won't load anything anymore. I used it as a slave for less than a week before I finally removed it for good. The new HD was a completely fresh install. Ran FDisk and format...
by sleepyturtle1
Tue May 20, 2003 2:48 pm

I can't do that. My old HD (5.1GB) was giving up the ghost quickly and the smallest HD I could find was 40 GB, which the old BIOS would not recognize at all. Now I'm kinda stuck with it. If I go back, the new 40 GB HD wouldn't be recognized and the old HD is toast. I kinda got it all done just in th...
by sleepyturtle1
Tue May 20, 2003 1:13 pm

Both have already been tried. But thanks for the reply.
by sleepyturtle1
Tue May 20, 2003 10:03 am

Sound card lost after Flashing BIOS

For some reason after flashing my BIOS, my sound card became an "unknown device". After several attempts to get it working, it has settled into the "Other Devices" folder in system properties as an unknown device. The error meassage is, and I quote, "This device is not working properly because the B...